Skip to content Skip to main navigation Skip to footer

Burn Permits

Permits are issued once a year for each calendar year. Burning is not permitted from July 1st to September 31st.

Permits are currently $10.00 per year.

Property Tax

The current property tax rate is $1.57 per $1,000 assessed value. Union County collects all property taxes. Call Union County Assessor/Tax Collector at (541) 962-1002 or visit their website using the button on the right.

Useful Phone Numbers

Union Sanitation (local garbage service)
(541) 562-6293
Union County Animal Shelter
(541) 963-0807
Union Country Sheriff's Department
(541) 963-1017
Union Cemetery District
(541) 562-5212
Union CIty Hall
(541) 562-5197

View Our Directory

Local Directory

Quick Links to places located in Union

Register to Vote!

Voting is one of the most important rights and responsibilities that we as U.S. citizens have. You can register to vote online or at the Union County Clerks Office in La Grande. Visit the provided link or call for more information.

Online Registration

Reporting an Ordinance Violation

If you need to report an ordinance violation please fill out the ‘Citizen Comment Form’. You can get the form by clicking the link on the right or directly from City Hall. Completed forms can be dropped off at City Hall.

View Form

Dog Licensing

Dog licenses are required for all dogs at the age of six months, or within 30 days of residency in the County. Licenses are $15 a year for a spayed or neutered dog and $25 for a dog that is not spayed or neutered. Before a license can be issued, a dog must have a rabies vaccination at a veterinarian’s clinic. It is the owners responsibility to bring their rabies certificate and proof of spay or neuter with them.

Learn more

Back to top